Thursday, March 26, 2009

Waiting

Dottie and I have been to two follow up appointments this week, and so far so good. She is done with pain meds now, but still on antibiotics for a while to prevent infection. Her incision is healing up and she's starting to eat more. She woke me up to feed her for the first time since her surgery on Tuesday, and she's started scratching on her scratching post again. It makes us happy to see her recovering. The vet told me today that he expects the results from the bladder biopsy and the lab tests on the stones themselves to come back any time now. Once we know about those two things, then we find out what happens next.

Less than one week until we close on the house now. We're getting prepared for some projects that we will take care of right away, and our apartment is currently filled with boxes that we've gathered from various sources. I've been making an ever-growing list of address change notifications that need to be done.

I suspect that the outgoing mail was stolen from where I work on Tuesday afternoon. When the postal carrier came, it wasn't there. I had some of our bills with checks in there, so we're pretty concerned about it and have taken some steps toward preventing the potential for identity theft because of this. My regular mailman was off that day, so he's been asking everyone who took parts of his route whether any of them happened to pick up my outgoing mail. So far no one did. I called everyone who was at the church that day, and none of them did either. My mailman has one more postal carrier to ask, and we're waiting to see if my Aunt Ann gets her birthday card, which was also in that mail.

No comments: