Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's Coming...



As you can see by the countdown in the right-hand column over there, we're getting closer to the date when we close on our house! We are very excited. There are a few things that are high on the priority list to do, including painting the living room/hallway and our bedroom before we move stuff in. We're going to use no-VOC paint, the first in probably a long line of earth-friendly, people-friendly options we are choosing for our home. We're also looking into rain barrels and reel mowers. I'm researching companion planting, rotation, and native flowers for our garden.

We got a new food mill for free! It's pretty exciting - we have big plans for applesauce. And more!

Friday, March 20 is my last day of the quarter for my current classes, Business Law and Intermediate Accounting I. I'm done with everything in the law class already, so just a few more things to check off the list and I'm into my time off before the next quarter starts. That will be on April 6, when I start an economics class and an income tax class. For those of you who had to hear about the book-getting drama in my accounting class this quarter, in which none of us received our books until the second or third week of class, let it be known that my books for this coming quarter are supposed to arrive Tuesday, March 17. Hooray!

4 comments:

Joel and Renée said...

What a great picture! SOLD!
A food mill is great, they work so well, especially applesauce.
Beware of the reel lawn mowers though. Someone gave a gas-less mower to us- it was practically brand new. We were pretty excited about it until we used it last summer. They don't work very well... :(

Did Joel tell you about the Andrew Peterson concert in Wisconsin Rapids this upcoming Friday?

Alfie and Maria said...

Yes... it is such a great picture!

It seems like there are many, many factors that affect whether a reel mower will work for people. They don't work well on thick weeds or tall grasses, so it sounds like the key is to mow often. We're hoping to get one off Craigslist or something to try it out before we commit to a brand new one, in case it doesn't work for us. ...

No, Alfie hadn't heard about the concert in Wisconsin Rapids. Is Joel going?

Joel and Renée said...

Joel here - I wanted to make sure you heard about that concert. I was browsing his blog and saw that in the midst of all this touring on the West coast and the South is this one date at a high school in Wisconsin!
So we prayed like crazy and got a baby-sitter, thanked the Lord, booked tickets and two nights at the Bed and Breakfast "A Victorian Swan on the Lake" in nearby Steven's Point. Neat eh?
And - I just recorded a song I want to hand to Andrew Peterson in person - about the resurrection - maybe he can use it on his Vol 1 album.

Joel and Renée said...

By the way, (this is Renee) we wanted to invite you to go to this concert with us. it's this Friday, 7pm (?) in Wisconsin Rapids, WI.