Sunday, August 31, 2008

State Fair

Last weekend's park was William O'Brien State Park, north of Stillwater, south of Taylors Falls. It is a lovely park. We're going to go back there again. We walked around the trails near the river, and then some trails in the prairie area. There were lots of wildflowers, and a very nice stream. Alfie made a dam from a pile of rocks - he had fun.

Yesterday we spent most of the day at the State Fair. The "common sense conservation" birds of prey show was a favorite again, and we went to the western horse show. The special feature at the horse show this year was the Texas Trick Riders. That was fun. We did a free "spin the wheel for a prize" thing at the Pet Center - I won 5 Chuck's Bucks ($5 for the pet store where we get Dottie's food) and Alfie won a t-shirt. Alfie got his window clings for The Current from the Minnesota Public Radio booth. I tried apple pie pizza. It was alright, but I wouldn't do it again. Our favorites are still the honey ice cream at the Ag/Hort Building and Henry's Kettle Corn. Mmm... We added to our squished penny collection, too! There is a penny squisher at the Minnesota Bound cabin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh.. the good old state fair. I miss it... i haven't been for over 6 years.
-kristin

Anonymous said...

WRITE MORE BLOGS! :P