Thursday, September 11, 2008

Canoeing

"Write more blogs!" she says. Alright, alright... :)

Last weekend we borrowed Dwight's canoe (Dwight was one of our wedding photographers - dad of my friend Mandy) and went to William O'Brien State Park. We had a fun afternoon/evening out there canoeing for about 3 hours. The river is fairly shallow in the parts we explored. We had an eagle fly over us twice. They were close - flying below the tree tops - and it was a really beautiful sight. We also found some fun red flowers. Nearing the end of our trip (or so we thought) we and two other boaters were waved over by another boater who was stuck in a sand bar. He was coming down to the main river, where we all were, from where Alfie and I had started. The man, the other two boaters, and Alfie and I all pushed his boat until it could at least float again. Then the other boaters left us with him. We were making a loop around some islands and were going back the way he came anyway, so we went ahead of him and guided him around the sand bars... and helped him push a couple more times. We're not sure how he got as far as he did. So, although we didn't have any incidents with the canoe, we ended up going home wet otters anyway!

(I'll put up pictures later.)

Dottie's tail's fur has all grown in again now and you can't even feel the bump anymore where the transition from original fur to new fur was.

I have the rest of this week and then next week until I'm done with this quarter of classes. There will be two weeks of no classes until the next quarter starts on October 6. I'll be taking Professional Communication, Intro to Business, and Accounting III then. To answer a question I often get - Can you take a break like summer vacation? - no. If I take a quarter off I have to re-enroll, which is time consuming and costs money. I will be done with the associate's degree in March 2010 if I can keep taking 3 classes every quarter. Currently I do not think I will continue on to the bachelor's degree. It's a lot of time and money that should be going elsewhere. Tuition was already ridiculous, and it's going up. Pray for me that I make the right decision about continuing this each quarter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! i'm glad you wrote more. I like reading your blogs! Yay for dotties tail being all better. Yay for this quater almost being done. Another set of classes bites the dust! Sounds like fun canoeing! :)
love,
tintin