Friday, September 26, 2008

Canoeing Pictures



Last weekend we went to the Minnesota Zoo. We got in free with a pass from the library. Yay! The animals were very active so we had a lot of good sightings. The lynx was stalking shadows, the otters were playing, the prairie dogs were calling and responding, the sharks were smiling...
Last night we had dinner with my friend SKohn at her new apartment. Good fun. Tomorrow - raptor release.
My three days off have been nice thus far. Today's goal, after updating the blog, is to get letters off to my three sponsor girls and then do my scrapbooking. My letter for Maria Daniela (Colombia) is about done, requested drawing and all - I drew mountains and trees, with a pond and some wildlife. She usually colors me a picture of herself with me, or Strawberry Shortcake. Murni's (Indonesia) is started - she's getting photo collages with maps this time since she hasn't gotten those yet. She's my new girl. That leaves Thalia (Peru). I'll think of something special for hers today...

3 comments:

Joel and Renée said...

That's so creative about what you do for your sponsor kids! I usually don't know what to do. Except this year God gave me the idea of pressing some red maple leaves and oh golly what's the word where you put plastic on something flat...uh...anyway, yeah. I think our sponsor kids will like that.
Love, Renee

Joel and Renée said...

Neat title picture by the way...

Alfie and Maria said...

Ooo... laminating leaves is a good idea. I like to send pictures, postcards, stickers, bookmarks, coloring pages for the younger one - anything flat that I can send. I wonder if I could laminate a pressed pansy... :)
My photo/map collages have probably been the most exciting. I took a US/Canada map off the internet and put it together on a page with a bunch of photos of us in various places, labeling where each picture was taken on the map.