Saturday, September 25, 2010

A garden full of blessings




God grows good veggies. We added the raspberry plants from the mailman this year and got berries already - not enough for making anything, but good snacking. The gourd/melon section did well too, and I'm looking into what to do with my sugar pumpkins. I use canned pumpkin for quite a few things, but I'm not sure if I should can or just freeze it. We did lots of pickles and froze tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, shredded zucchini, and corn (gift from the Hmong farmers by our church - the squirrels ate all of our corn). Soon the herb drying will begin, and the potato digging. Mmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!
Your going to enjoy the fruits of your labour this winter. I think you should bring me some pickles!
Love Mom

My Little Warriors said...

I want some pickels... have you saved me some? ooooo... i wish you could send them.