

Last Saturday we drove to Duluth, had lunch with Joel and Renee, and then went to see the Tall Ships. We took an on-board tour of the U.S. Brig Niagara, a reconstruction of a brig that won a battle in the War of 1812. Alfie also toured one other ship (while I spent some time out of the hot sun). We didn't go on the HMS Bounty (a full-rigged ship that was in Mutiny on the Bounty and Pirates of the Caribbean) because everyone else was so the line was over an hour long! I think we only waited 10-15 minutes to get on the Niagara. There were signs out along the waiting line telling about the ship's history - things like a drawing of how the Battle of Lake Erie played out. Below, if you click on the picture of a sign it will get bigger so you can read the text and see the picture better. There are some neat pictures on their website too: www.flagshipniagara.org





And we didn't just see ships! A couple of planes flew over while we were there...

2 comments:
I had really wanted to go see the Tall Ships! But decided to spend the weekend in WI at the cabin instead. But I'm glad I got to see them through you :)
OOO... very cool! Matt says it's hard to imagine tall ships on lakes :) we'll have to bring him to see the great lakes soemday :)
Post a Comment