
Our garden is really taking off now, as you can see from this picture of our cucumber plants. So there is a lot of recipe searching and trying going on. I made baked beets, which were delicious, and I planted a second crop of beets so we can do that again in the fall. I've made quite a few loaves of our favorite zucchini bread, but we're ramping up to try other zucchini recipes. Ricotta stuffed zucchini, baked zucchini squares, maybe a stir fry... We ate some beans and gave some to my parents when our first bunch were ready. Soon there will be more (maybe even today!!) and I think I'd like to try something different with the beans instead of just boiling them this time. We'll see. Suggestions?


Look at all those cucumbers! There's a zucchini in the bottom of the picture, too. We are hoping for enough cucumbers all at once sometime so that we can make my Auntie Ann's pickles. Yum!

The "baby Blue Hubbard" plant likes to try to take over everything, but so far we've maintained it pretty well. It hasn't choked any of the other plants successfully yet! There are quite a few blue hubbard squash growing... getting big... You can see two of them in this picture, which is already old. They are already quite a bit bigger than that. We officially have muskmelon coming in, too. One of them is the size of a baseball (or at least it was yesterday!).
1 comment:
I like putting zuquini in anything. Chili, stirfry, soups, stews.... You can also dehydrate them with something to make them into jube-jube type candies (get the recipe from auntie Kim)
Have fun :)
Post a Comment