Today was the day! The red rose bush by the garage bloomed, and the smell is really sweet. I've been stopping over to sniff it every time I walk by today. (You can click on the pictures to see them bigger.)

There are various purple flowers blooming in the beds in front of the house right now. I'll get some photos of the others soon, but here's one for now.

And here are the much-anticipated lilac pictures, Kristin! :) It smells wonderful - our neighbor wasn't kidding. The "regular" lilacs were done blooming, and then our lilac hedge started opening up. It's just starting to fade now... These pictures are from when it was peaking a few days ago.

The garden is pretty much planted now. Things are starting to come up - we're definitely seeing potatoes poke through. We have plants in too... tomatoes and various herbs, onions, zucchini, muskmelon (this year's adventure plant). More pictures to come!
3 comments:
OOOO i LOVE your lilac! is there anyway that i can get a shoot of that or something? SOOOO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!
Oh so fun, so fun. Our lilacs barely have leaves here, it'll be awhile before they bloom. And our rose bush just got leaves last week. Thank you for the pictures, they remind me of what I have to look forward to!!
-Renee
Your lilacs look wonderful. I bet your really enjoying your yard and garden. We could get snow tonight. Nordegg was getting some as well as Red Deer. Has Dottie ventured outside yet? Missy Moo thinks her yard got very big and she wasn't sure what to think of the cows lol
mom
Post a Comment