Closing yesterday went well. We got to meet the sellers, who are very nice people - we wish we could be their neighbors! They love the neighborhood and the house, and are only leaving because the husband is going to work for NASA so they have to move to Washington, D.C. They told us about our elderly next door neighbor, the one the mailman said goes south for the winter. She isn't back from Florida yet, so we haven't met her, but the sellers said she is a sweet lady who still works in her garden. "Take care of her," they said.
Speaking of gardens, our realtor, Tiff, gave us a garden-themed housewarming present. Lots of hand tools, fertilizer, and organic seeds! There are beans, peas, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, beets... So I'm all excited to start a garden in the back yard. I read in the garden section of the paper a couple weeks ago that this is supposed to be an awesome year for veggie gardens. Woohoo! Container gardening on the deck of our apartment was quite the adventure, but we're very ready to have a back yard garden.
Yesterday afternoon we ran around doing some address change business, buying paint, renting a dolly, taking some boxes to the house... And we had our first door-to-door salesman already... Last night I did more packing. This morning before work I brought a bunch of the houseplants over. They are going to love the sun!
No comments:
Post a Comment