Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving was a success. Our turkey turned out great, and we've been assigned to turkey duty for all subsequent Thanksgivings. Just before Thanksgiving we got the news that Alfie is the only remaining employee at his company - everyone else was laid off. So we're thankful that Alfie still has work.


Last night we decorated for Christmas. We decided we don't really have room for a real tree without putting away Dottie's scratching post (not an option), so we got a tiny little fake tree and put our mini lights on it with our smaller ornaments. It's cute! We've got some garland around the lamp, and draped from the wall of the "hall." Our living room has been taken over by Christmas presents for our Sponsor a Family project... Last night I made a dent in the wrapping. It all gets dropped off for them a week from today.


The end of this quarter of classes is December 19, and it's a good thing... I've cut back on my classes for next quarter. Working full time and taking three classes is too much. I didn't have time for non-work, non-school aspects of life. Beginning in January I'll be taking Business Law and Intermediate Accounting 1.

No comments: