Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Who wants some Friendship Bread starter??? :)

We sent in our next batch of immigration stuff, and we mailed it certified so that we have proof that it was delivered successfully. Last week we checked online and saw that it had been forwarded to a different address, and then there was no update for a few days. Ack! So Alfie called the USPS to see if they could tell us anything more. The lady said it is pretty normal for a forwarded item to take a few days to reach its new destination.

Alfie: So it's not floating around in Taiwan somewhere?
USPS lady: I'm sorry, I don't have that information.

Ha! We laughed a lot about that one. Anyway, our package has now reached its new destination and we're feeling better about it. It was just forwarded to a different service center.

I have never done the whole "Amish friendship bread" thing before, but now I've got a starter sitting in my kitchen getting "mashed" each day. Tomorrow is Day 6 - woohoo, I get to add something to it! My Day 10 will be on Monday. If anyone wants a starter from me, let me know.

School continues to go well. Yesterday I got an Honors Award certificate in the mail for having a 4.0 for last quarter. Yay!

Dottie will be getting her sutchers out probably on Monday. She is very excited about that. She wants to bite her tail sooooo much with those sticking out all over. And soon she will be free from having to wear that E-collar when we aren't home. She's going to be happy to be able to go under the bed again - right now, with the E-collar, she would get stuck if she tried. It will be nice to be done.

We went mini golfing last weekend at Como! That was tons of fun. There is one hole where you have to get the ball over a little stream, and the stream was beating up on Alfie. It was hilarious... he figures in the end that hole took him about 10 strokes. Then on Sunday we went to see A Servant of Two Masters at the outdoor theater we go to each summer with friends. We all had a nice time, and went out for pie after. Mmm... strawberry cream cheese pie...

No comments: