Saturday, June 1, 2013

Spring! (now that it's June)

We have had a late spring this year, but now that it's June the lilacs are blooming and the hostas are filling in. Our hand-me-down strawberry patch is looking great already its first year at our house. I'm getting excited about having some kids over to pick berries... Picking season is coming! Hooray!

Look at all those future berries! Mmm...

Alfie's mom gave me this basket on one of her visits. I think this year's arrangement is my favorite of what I've done with it so far. Violas and petunias... lots of purple.

This Jack-in-the-pulpit was given to us by one of Alfie's customers. It has an inflorescence this year! Honestly I had forgotten about it until I went outside one morning and saw this. That was a fun surprise!

Last spring we brought home a clump of lilac from my aunt in Wisconsin. This year it's blooming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys. Live your purple planter! Glad your enjoying it. June first, only seven more wks!
Mom