Yes, it has been over half a year since my last blog post. Why is that? Life. Priorities. Pushing aside some things to make room for other things. It probably won't change much going forward, but you never know. Maybe I'll be inspired and have a flurry of blogs again at some point. I do expect to be here to share pictures after our trip to Canada for the big family reunion this summer.
These past few months have been interesting. Summer 2012 brought a free Zumba class to my church, which (to make a long story shorter) led to me becoming a licensed Zumba instructor in October so that we could continue having this class for the women. Picture me leading a Latin-dance exercise class. Oh yes, it's true. We have a lot of fun and it has proven to be a good avenue of women's fellowship in the church. People are connecting, and that is really the point. Although I have also lost 12 pounds so far this year. That is a very important sub-point. Our bathroom scale quit working years ago, so in January when the scales went on sale I got us one. How depressing that was... But seeing a scary number was the push I needed to count calories and get even more significant exercise. Two or three times a week doesn't cut it when you have a desk job.
"We're not 19 anymore," my friend says. What a difference a decade makes.
1 comment:
WHOO HOOOO 12 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment