Alfie's mom was here at the end of May! Some highlight photos:
After picking her up at the airport we went to the Mall of America, primarily to go to Lego Land, but also for dinner. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe - that's us in front of one of the aquariums in the restaurant.
My mom came with us to Como one day. We even got to see the Sparky Show! It was a practice show, since it wasn't in season yet, but Sparky did a good job. The Conservatory was really beautiful.
We went to Cabela's, where I got new kitchen valances (among other kitchen items) which you can see in the next photo...
Our friends Joel and Renee (and Hudson too) stayed over one night and we put Joel and Alfie on breakfast duty. They did a great job!
There were a few walks around Como Lake. The turtles were out on the logs, the ducks and geese had their little ones out for swimming lessons, and the night heron and blue heron were fishing. We watched the night heron for a long time, and there were also two turtles and a duck on the same branch.
I went back to work and Alfie and his mom had a day to do something on their own, so Alfie took her to the Stone Arch Bridge and the Guthrie.








3 comments:
It looks like you guys showed her a great time. I love como the park & conservatory :)
I just went to Como Conservatory & Zoo last weekend and was able to visit the Japanese garden - which I haven't done in years!
Maria you look great... ow ow... what a hottie. Just had to add that in there...
I'm glad you guys were able to visit.
LOVE the new valences... I know i spelt that wrong but i don't care.
Can't wait to spend time with you in real life again... and then you can write a blog post about us! :)
@Becca - We did the Japanese Garden too! It is so beautiful and peaceful there... We spent quite a bit of time chatting with the volunteers too, learning more about the garden. That was neat.
@Kristin - I can't wait to write a blog post with you in it!! :D
Post a Comment