
Daffodils are coming up in our front yard! Soon the bulbs I planted last fall will start to come in too, and we'll get our pots of pansies. Spring is exciting. I love the sun, things getting green, planting the garden, hearing the birds singing... It will be lettuce planting time in the garden soon - as soon as the ground can be worked!
Alfie continues to be blessed with work. He has had the occasional day off, and some days when he's done pretty early, but there is work. God got me through having a mean, nasty virus that lasted two weeks. I'm finally back to talking, singing, and making it through my daily activities without becoming exhausted. I'm glad to be better in time for all this beautiful weather - we're out for walks almost every day now. Alfie and I went for a walk in a wooded area today and saw a pair of pileated woodpeckers.
We are planning a big road trip for June! We're going to go through South Dakota (Badlands, Mt Rushmore, etc) and on to Yellowstone, then Glacier, then Canada. Originally our trip was going to be shaped like a maple leaf (not on purpose - it just happened!), which was pretty hilarious... but we decided it was too long and have cut it back to a more manageable length.
One last random bit for you - the pineapples are really good right now. Yum!
3 comments:
That sounds like a wonderful trip! Can't wait to see pictures come June!
I can't wait to see some more pictures of your flowers, but I'm even more excited for the Canada part in your road trip :) Can't wait to see you guys!!! Hugs and love
Cheryl
JUNE...I can hardly wait for that road trip! We're all so excited about seeing and conecting with you guys again. Big picnic on the 13th at Sylvan with all the cousins! Your flowers are already coming! How exciting! Love you guys
Mom
Post a Comment