Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Compassion

Both of my sponsored children have birthdays in June. I'm thinking about it now because I need to write soon to get a letter to them around the time of their birthdays. The one I've had the longest (Daniela) is turning 14, and the other (Murni) is turning 18.

It's hard to believe they are so old. Daniela has been mine since she was 5... She's gone from having letters written by her mom, to starting to color me pictures on her own, to practically being a professional artist she draws so well now. She's been writing the letters herself for years now, and it is encouraging to read of her faith in Jesus and her joy.

Murni would normally be exiting the program soon as she becomes an adult, but it is my understanding that I will get to sponsor her longer because she has a hearing disability. We'll see. She is not a Christian, but she hears about Christ through this program. I pray that God will open her heart soon.

Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

No comments: